Previous Step: How to Remove a Wine Label
Before you apply a custom label to your wine bottle, make sure that the bottle is completely clean, dry, free of residue, and at room temperature. Once your bottle is ready, follow the steps below to apply your label:
- To remove your custom wine label from the backing paper, peel back the BACKING at a tight angle in one corner. This should cause the corner to lift up, allowing the label to be slowly peeled off without damage.
- Lay the bottle down on a firm surface that will prevent the bottle from rolling, such as on your lap, or on an egg carton.
- Center the label over the bottle. Using the seam of the bottle as a guide can help with this.
- Place the center of the label onto the bottle first, using firm pressure to smooth it down evenly from the center out.
- Once the label is applied, leave the bottle at room temperature for 24 hours to allow the adhesive to set.